Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Xaatxori -- My first editorial work in assamese


Xaatxori -- My first editorial work in assamese was not a direct responsibility entrusted upon me.Labhita Baa was entrusted with the responsibility from Looitporia, Assam Association of Hyderabad. Then one fine day when her team mates got busy with their preoccupation she sought my help by sending a scrap in orkut.I was too glad to receive that offer as that gave me a chance to do something for Assam.

Then we proposed on the action plan and mailed all Hyderabadi assamese people seeking literary contributions.Baa gave the name Xaatxori for the newsletter which means an assamese ornament made of seven beads, which was okayed by Pallav da. In the meanwhile I was instructed on the R & D that was required by Labhita Baa. All this happened with both of us never meeting even for once thanks to the opportunity that Gmail Chat option provides now a days.

Slowly all the materials were gathered and we could come up with the rough copy. Then assamese text needed to be typed in assamese. I found webdunia.com and baa took help from Xobdo group. Then Shyamkanu , General Secretary gave the task to Mantu's Team, where Dipok did a great job in creating the assamese texts in image format so that they did not get replaced while going for print.

Finally with Saharia Sir sending the presidential message in time, Xaatxori was ready for print. Shyamkanu took the prints in black and white which was financed by him, Pallavda, kollulda, Himangsu and others. Shyamkanu took personal interest in it and manually corrected all the errors which should not have been there in first place.

It was launched in the Feb12th Bhogali bihu get-together at Jokkal village near Shamsabad in presence of about 120 Assamese folks who had gathered that day.

It had given me the insight an editor had to go through as well as a lot about the present Assam. It gladdened my heart to see Assam develop so much with lot of funds, investments coming up.Got to know lot of achievers who had made all of assamese proud.The education system though has to be improved.the tourism sector still needs some care to exploit its full potential.
I am glad that by being involved in this venture now I can type assamese in assamese script.
I will always be grateful to Labhita Baa for providing me with this golden opportunity to do something for my motherland. my special thanks goes to Mantu, Dipok for the help they had provided. Shyamkanu was a great motivator and guide in this venture and Pallav da was the initiator as well as a great financier of this project. Hopefully the Rongali bihu edition will be even better than this one.


ধন্যবাদ !!

জয আই অসম !!
জয জযেতো মোৰ চিৰ চেনেহী অসমী আই !!